Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Soldier Ride Support Events at KMCC Aug 21 and 27/28

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Soldier Ride Support Events at KMCC Aug 21 and 27/28

Post by Jonesy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:27 pm

OK, I too have registered for the Soldier Ride.

I've also reserved space at the KMCC food court on Sunday and am ready to reserve for next weekend also.

We'll set up a booth with informational printouts about the soldier ride, and get folks to pledge to donate and support our riders.

At the very least I will sit there for a few hours with some promotional mateirals (posters etc.) and spread the word about the event (and of course highlight OUR clubs involvement).

I welcome any ideas of how to make this MORE of an event.

I also (and MORE SO) welcome any willingness to help.

I also also would like everyone who is registered, or planning to register by Sunday, to send me a digital picture of themselves from midchest up, preferably wearing their KMC Cycling kit, and a short bio (full name, occupation, air force-army-civilian, how long riding etc.), and let me know which distance you are planning to ride. I will use these for the promotional materials so folks who might be interested in donating can put a face to the name they'll select when they go and donate.

We won't actually collect any funds or anything at this event, it will all be done through the WWP website.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts...

I plan on being there for as much of Sunday as I can.. certainly from about 11 to about 2 or 3. IF anyone else can come and help out as well, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonesy

EDIT: If anyone has issues or problems with me going forward with this on behalf of the club, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Re: Soldier Ride Support Events at KMCC Aug 21 and 27/28

Post by krocko1 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Ya I got an issue! Would you like me to bring a couple of my prize bike creations to put on display! Very Happy While I'm helping out ofcourse. Thanks for putin this together Jman. See you there.
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Sounds good, Jonesy. I should be able to make it as well. I'll let you know about the time.
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:59 pm

OK we're set! Talked to Sylvia with the 86th FSS, and the KMCC, and we're good to go for Sunday.

Now for a detailed plan...

I'm going to print out some promotional materials, but would love to see if we can't get maybe some large posters etc. made.

Does anyone want to contact a printing company and see if they'd maybe be willing to do up some posters for us pro-bono based on this being a charitable event? Basically, We'll make up some posters that tell folks about the event, and how to go online and donate. Also we could print out some brochures and small pocket cards to hand out. If someone works out the printing thing, I'll design the products.

I'm also thinking of having people pledge on a pledge sheet, and then recognize the highest pledgers on our website etc...

Did we ever get a hold of any banners etc?

I will plan to be there when the KMCC opens to set up. I will stay as long as I can, but would love to get some other KMC cyclers out there as well.

Any other ideas of how to make this MORE of an event? Maybe a KMC cyling-led path ride in the afternoon leaving right there from the KMCC? Some sort of contest etc...? Something to give away for the high pledgers?

Come on KMC Cyclers, let's make this happen. Besides showing up at races and taking the podium spots with our Jerseys on, these are the kind of events that MAKE a club. Giving back to the community with something like this is part of what makes us a Cycling CLUB and not just a racing team! We've worked hard to organize ourselves, made PO status, set up a bank account, AND gotten team jersey's etc. Let's start getting out there and being part of the community in a big way! It's just an hour or two on Sunday... heck, some of y'all were probably going to the KMCC this weekend anyway...Even if you're not going to participate in the Soldier Ride, come on out and help us drum up support for those that ARE, it's a team effort after all!

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 pm

I'll have to let you know about Sunday. Since there will be a RR and MTBR this weekend up in Spang, I may do both. I'll be out there trying to do the "jersey on the podium" part for KMC Cycling! We definitely need to do a better job of getting our name out there to the folks who cover these events. We dominated the race in Schoppe and didn't even get a KMC Cycling mention in the KA piece...although Jim did get his pretty face in the paper:O)

Thanks for all the time and energy you're putting in, Jonesy. It's not going unnoticed.
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

No worries, Chad. Represent us well! Make sure they know where you're from! And if you DO decide to join me on Sunday, just let me know. I'll probably bring my little one and let her just absolutely wear herself out in the play area there.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am

Well Jman I did talk to Bigwave and secured an hour of help from him 2-3. Myself and my boys will be there from noon till whenever. I'm not familiar with printers in the area. If you have any suggestions I will gladly stop buy today and work my magic during my daily errands. Is the place next to the macaroni grill one?
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 am

I know they print vynils and sings... not sure what else they do.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

You could put a donation jar on the table as well for the folks that don't want to pledge, but still want to give. How ever much is in the jar could just be added to one of the pledge sheets.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:58 pm

spookyload wrote:You could put a donation jar on the table as well for the folks that don't want to pledge, but still want to give. How ever much is in the jar could just be added to one of the pledge sheets.
Didnt do a fund raising request, so we can't colkect any funds on sight.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Stuff I need for this

Post by Jonesy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 am

Here are some things I would like to get for this event if anyone has them...

-Bright red table cloth

-Folding table (I have a fest table, wooden folding table, but if anyone has a plastic or metal standard folding table, that would be better as they tend to be more stable for writing etc.)

-Banners or anythign we got with KMC Cycling on it... did we ever get any banners etc. from Park as discussed?

Thanks,
Jonesy

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Ill be setting up for this around noon. Ill see how it goes and then decide how long i feel like staying. Ive got kendall and dave down for helping out as well

Ive printed up a homemade banner, several pledge sheets and some info sheets.

If anyone can pull a table out of thin air at the last minute, let me know, ill come pick it up.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cllulei on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:06 am

Jonesy wrote:If anyone can pull a table out of thin air at the last minute, let me know, ill come pick it up.

I have a plastic table I can bring. Noon at the main entrance, right? We can trade the table for a 29r!
cllulei

http://www.Chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Wave on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 am

Jonesy, I can have a plastic table there at 12:00. Let me know...no problem.
Big Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by cllulei on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:11 am

Since I'm coming to get the 29r anyway, I'll bring the table just in case. I'll be there a little before 1200.
cllulei

http://www.Chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TriChick on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 am

I'll be there too...actually I'm already here because I thought we were kicking it off at 1100.
TriChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 am

The event went off well. After a slightly late start, we were set up by around 13:00 or so. Chad, Michelle, Kendall, Steve, Dave and Chris Lulie all showed up to assist. With Dave and Kendal bringing a small stable of bikes, and chad hanging his jersey up on the pillar next to our table, (yes he still had a shirt on), the whole set up actually turned out looking pretty good, and got plenty of attention. We handed out a lot of cards, got the word out and got a lot of postivie responses. Brought several new folks into the club (at least they said they were interested in being involved) got folks interested in supproting the soldier ride, and even got some people interested in JOINING the soldier ride.

All in all it went very well. Big thanks to those who came out and helped with this. You guys are awesome,a nd really made it something.

Planning to do this next week as well. Kendall talked to Peadar over at ENCS (one of our sponsors) and they are interested in getting involved. We're going to ask them about printing up some posters, banners and other materials for us and also see if they have some little give-aways we can hand out.

We'll iron out more of the details as the week goes on...

KENDAL... any feedback from your discussion with Peadar?

Thanks all,
Jonesy

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP OUT AGIN THIS SUNDAY!!!

Post by Jonesy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 pm

We are scheduled again for this weekend. Exchange New Car Sales will also be involved in helping out this time, and they will be printing signs/banners for us, and assisting with set up etc. as well as providing for some give-aways.

We had great participation last week, and it would be awesome if we could get as good participation this week or even better.

I think this week we will make use of pledge sheets, and will tie the pledges to some give aways from ENCS. I think this will make folks MORE likely to follow through on donations.

I'd really like to get some folks to commit to helping out with this event. This is exactly the kind of thing that gets our club's name out in the community in a positive light, and also is the kind of activity by which our club can really make a difference.

Who can commit to spending some time at our booth on Sunday at the KMCC? We will plan to set up around 11:00 and stay till around 4:00.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:02 pm

I should be able to help. I am going to FCK game on saturday, and barring getting arrested for public intox, I should be good. Do I need to show up with a real bike? Not a fadish 29er? My LOOK is shiny nude carbon with red and silver trim. Looks impressive in the sun.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:18 pm

spookyload wrote:I should be able to help. I am going to FCK game on saturday, and barring getting arrested for public intox, I should be good. Do I need to show up with a real bike? Not a fadish 29er? My LOOK is shiny nude carbon with red and silver trim. Looks impressive in the sun.
Absolutely, folks will want to know what a little girl's bike looks like!

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

spookyload wrote:I should be able to help. I am going to FCK game on saturday, and barring getting arrested for public intox, I should be good. Do I need to show up with a real bike? Not a fadish 29er? My LOOK is shiny nude carbon with red and silver trim. Looks impressive in the sun.
Oh, and thanks, look forward to seeing you there!

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

CLUB PLAN OF ACTION

Post by Jonesy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 pm

So, while talking to Peadar Markey (our sponsor at ENCS), he asked me a very valid question, which is, what is the way forward on supporting this Soldier Ride Event.

So, here is what I propose is our plan of action, but I need concurrence from y'all.

First we need to determine our club's fund raising goal. This helps to set a target for us, and gives an encentive to folks to contribute.

So what do you all think is a reasonable goal? Daniel has a goal set of $1000, Chad and I both have goals around $500. I think we could really push the bar if we get out and get support and pledges (more on that later). Do we think that setting a goal of $5000 for the club is TOO high? If we don't reach it, sure it's a dissapointment, but we'll still have raised SOEMTHING in the way of funds for WWP.

At the upcoming events, I think we should not only engage people with information, I think we should see if they would like to pledge and then record the pledges on a sheet. Peadar has said he can come up with some sort of licky-chewies to give away to folks who pledge to sponsor. I may also approach some of our other sponsors... maybe the highest pledger earns a free round at Thursty Nelly's (if that's something they'd be interested in... Or perhaps we see if outdoor rec would be willing to offer a free bike tune up to eveyrone who pledges more than a certain amount... I'm open to ideas, but if I don't hear anything I'm going to go forward with my own ideas.

I think we should maximize this weekend and next to collect pledges by setting up Sunday of each weekend either at the KMCC or elsewhere. This sunday we are already set for the KMCC. We'll figure out next weekend in the next couple of days.

So in summary:
-OUR GOAL: $5000
-OUR MODE OF OPERATION: Set up at public locations, collect pledges from passersby, and then participate in the ride as sponsored riders.
-OUR MARKETING APPROACH: Verbally engage folks, offer 'goodies' to those who pledge, and otherwise 'incentivise' pledging, then follow up with those pledges by tracking our 'participant' pages.

Sound good to Y'all?

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 pm

The Krocko1's family will be there. We will bring rollers and a trainer. And the all the red,black and white bikes we own. I'm shootin to raise 200 bucks. I know it sounds low. But it feels good when it turns into 2000. lol Very Happy Hey Jman we going to set up outside this time
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm

OK, so I have committed responses from Kendal and Matt.

Chad were you planning on being there this weekend as well?

Kendall, are you registered as a rider, or are you just helping out etc.? If you are registered and want me to, I can make business cards for you to hand out on sunday.

I've made business cards for chad and myself, and plan on making some for Kendall if he is registered. I can make cards for others as well, but I gotta know that you'll committ to coming and helping out. Making these products is very time consuming on my part and I want to know it's going to be worth the time invested.

As soon as I gifure out how to do so, I'll show you guys the banner and posters Peadar is helping us out with.

By the way the total bill for them ended up being 150 euros, of which Peadar is ponying up 100 (in addition to the initial sponsorship money he already gave us) and WE are paying only 50 euros, and these posters and banners are something for our permanent use, so if you see him sunday, OR if you just happen to be in the KMCC and near the Exchange New Car Sales, drop in and give him a hearty thanks.

Thanks,
Jonesy

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes I am a registered rider!
krocko1

Back to top Go down