Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week!

+2
Sharpbike
krocko1
6 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Go down

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! Empty Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week!

Post by krocko1 Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm getting back on the training track and was hoping for some lunchtime fun!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! Empty Re: Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week!

Post by Sharpbike Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 am

When i return from the USA. In two weeks you are on!

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! Empty Lunch rides

Post by Dawnation Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi, name is Dawn. I'm on call June 22nd/23rd but typically get released by 9am for the day; and off 27-28th. I'm located on Ramstein, how far do you plan on going and avg speed? I can hang.
Dawnation
Dawnation

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! Empty Re: Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week!

Post by BrianLask Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Post up when, I am in.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Well since it's me starting this LOL! I'm not very fast. We will say 19-21 on the flats. However anyone that knows me or has ever ridden with me before. Can Vouch that I am not nor do I ever claim to be a mountain goat when it comes to hills. Lets just say this is a no drop ride. I was hoping to cover 41k-61k depending on size and level. I would not mind dropping the distance to cover you lunch break. I don't work in the summer lol(BRIAN). So I am flexible. I don't mind leaving from Ramstien. The usual meeting place was South side Fitness center P lot. I do have other routes that are pretty invigorating depending on the crowd. I will have to hit up some of the old lunchtime crowd and ask if they can post some of there GPS info from the Ramstien rides. Peace! afro
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Post em up Kendall when you are going to ride. I can definately go with you guys if you leave from the base. Even have a decent 29 mile route that is decently hilly.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 am

Can you post your route? I'm going to ride today leaving from south side P lot at 11:45. I'm heading out nowto do a recon with my awsome son. Who by the way is goin to ride the whol thing with me Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:03 am

Dawn great to have you on board by the way and welcome to the club. Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 am

I will ride it this week and post the link. It is the same ride I take from my house in Weilerbach, just starting from the southside Gym.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 am

Not going to do the lunch ride today! Its to wet. im going to ride later and hope for a little break.
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for some Luchtime rides next week! Empty Rides

Post by Dawnation Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for the 'welcome'. I need to do some 'tuner rides', get my legs under me again. Anyone willing to take it down a notch and do some 20 milers; averaging between 15 & 18mph? Cheers, Dawn
Dawnation
Dawnation

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm

I will be riding on Wednesday, 29 June 11, at lunchtime...say 1130. Leaving from the southside gym at Ramstein. This will not be a hammerfest. Looking to do an hour, all flat... ride out from Ramstein west gate, through landstuhl and on to Bruchmulbach-Miesau, right turn and go up a ways, then another right turn back to Hutchenhousen and on to Ramstein. No drop. Looking to get out, enjoy the sun and warmth, possibly trace amounts of rain. Let me know.
soto

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 pm

I'll ride
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Should be there!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Here is the link to the route tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's flat, the profile makes it really look worse than it is. Comes out to approx 22 miles with 400 ft of elevation. Let's get a few more folks.... See you tomorrow.
soto

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 am

All,

it is supposed to start raining in the next hour and drop .25 inches of rain over the next 4 hours. Let me know if you are still going to ride in the rain so I am not the only knucklehead out there. We can move it to tomorrow, where the forecast is 75 and clear.
soto

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 am

I am leaving my house at 1100, will post up before than if I am too scared of the rain
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 am

Looks like the rain may hold off for a few more hours. the skies are cloudy, but no serious grey clouds. Plus the wind will be moving in our direction, so a headwind on the way up and a nice tail wind on the way back. See you out there.
soto

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Well Brian and I almost missed the rain. It hit us in bruchmulbach and drizzled all the way in. Rides like this just make rides on sunny days even better. We ended up throwing down the hammer to get out of the rain; even with the conditions, we still managed over 20 miles in an hour. I am looking to ride at lunchtime on a few days next week as well. Till then....
soto

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 am

Wednesday 1130 (flexible) south side gym. 20 ish miles average speed, casual to moderate (but can change with the group.) Anyone interested?
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 pm

I will have to let you know in the morning.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 pm

I am down with lunch rides for the next couple weeks, but it supposed to be pissing rain tomorrow.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Planning on riding Friday, depending on jet lag and such. 1130 south side gym. Will be my first time on the bike in almost 2 weeks.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down