Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
KMC Cycling EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
KMC Cycling EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
KMC Cycling EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
KMC Cycling EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
KMC Cycling EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling

4 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

KMC Cycling Empty KMC Cycling

Post by 2NINER Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

Well, I don't know what really happened...kinda read a little on the RACC site and by chance came upon this site. Sometimes personalities just don't get along, WTF! Just want to put in 2 pennies on the history of the RACC as I know it. Maybe it can be updated in the "History of KMC Cycling" so as to give recognition to those who got "organized" cycling started in the KMC, way back before some of us/you even considered throwing a leg over a top tube. The Ramstein Area Cycling Club started way back in the early '90's, I think sometime in '90-'92 by some"die hard" MTB racers when the sport was young, over the years it transformed from serious MTB racers competing on the local military circuits as well as local off base races into a mix of MTBers and Roadies. As different individuals PCS'ed and others took "charge" the RACC became mainly MTBers or Roadies and every once in awhile a combination of the two. However, it's main purpose was for those who intended to race. As time went on and the "old guard" moved on or "re-tired" from racing, the RACC became a focal point for all things cycling, whether it was racing, riding, hang'en out with the guys and girls, meeting new friends, going to different cycling venues or passing on the local area rides, the RACC was all about getting out and riding, rain, snow or shine. And to think for all those years it was done by word of mouth, phones, and e-mail. There are some riders that went on to compete at the national/international level and did good for themselves. So with a new beginning for KMC Cycling, I tip my glass of California Wine, and say "Enough with the BS, GET OUT AND RIDE, DAMN IT!" Cool
2NINER

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Empty Re: KMC Cycling

Post by Zenkem Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 am

2NINER,

THX for the history lesson, it’s unfortunate that one bad apple has to try and prevent the rest of the bushel from getting to the market…
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:27 am

29er, thanks for the lesson, and the website's history has been updated!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2NINER Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Jonesy,

Thanks for getting the history updated, just wanted to get the "legacy" posted so individuals know the RACC has/had been around for quite some time. And to pay homage to those who got it started, I for one started MTBing back in '94 with the RACC after years of living the life of a roadie/piste rider. Anyway, biggest thing is to RIDE... bounce bounce bounce
2NINER

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 pm

AAAAAMEN!!!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down