Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Best Route Ramstein to Landstuhl?

Go down

Best Route Ramstein to Landstuhl?

Post by SueBee on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I live on Ramstein but work at Landstuhl and haven't found an expedient way across the autobahn and railroad tracks to get on up the hill or I would commute by bike some days. I've explored the gravel trails off the west gate paved paths but none go through. Any suggestions short of taking the bridge by the train station?
SueBee

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Route Ramstein to Landstuhl?

Post by spookyload on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Only other options I know of would be to go Spesbach into Hutchenhausen and head south to Hauptstuhl. It would be very far out of the way, but you would avoid traffic. That would put you west of where you want to be, but safer way across the road. You could also go out the east gate and cross over at Einsiedlerhof, but that isn't much better for traffic.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Paine on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 am

On West gate Access Road enter the trail system at the traffic circle, as if you were driving toward the gate and making the first right at the circle. Take the first paved trail to your right and follow it till it T's. You should have had the Ramstein flight line fence to your left. At the T take a left and again follow along the fenceline, this will be a dirt road, until it comes to another T. The city of Landstuhl is straight in front of you. Take a right at the T and go about 500 meters until the dirt road comes to another T. Go left and this will take you under the Autobahn and you'll come out in a tarred parking lot at the rear on the Landstuhl Kino. Follow the parking lot around to the right where you'll come to the intersection of Landstuhler Str by McDonalds. If you proceed straight through that intersection and straight through the next you'll have a paved foot path on your left in about 300 meters which will take you to the tunnel of the Landstuhl Bahnhof...hence under the tracks or back by Macdonalds you could catch the road over the tracks...your call. Now that your on the right side of the tracks pick how your going up the hill...good luck! I'd choose the mountain bike trail which will drop you right out at either Gate 3 or 1.

Dan Paine

Back to top Go down

Post by SueBee on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks! - I'll try this out this weekend. I explored all the trails staying left out the end of the flightline past the bunkers and hit a deadend at the autobahn. A pretty handsome hawk lives out there so all was not lost that day....
SueBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down