Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Anyone want to play hookie on Friday?

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Go down

Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? Empty Anyone want to play hookie on Friday?

Post by spookyload Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 am

I am working 1700 to midnight Friday. Want to ride a Pfalzerwald trail in the morning. Don't really care which one, but I am looking to get about three hours in. Maybe Quidersbach, Waldfishcbach, or Rodalben. I haven't ridden any of them, so if you can go and have ridden one of them...even better. If not, you might do some exploring with me.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? Empty Re: Anyone want to play hookie on Friday?

Post by spookyload Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Well after studying the map, looks like Tour 4 from Hockspeyer will be the one I ride. 30k with decent amount of climbing. Just doing the short loop, not the whole thing.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to play hookie on Friday? Empty Re: Anyone want to play hookie on Friday?

Post by spookyload Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Did the first loop of trail 4 due to a later start than planned. 18 miles at an easy pace was just at 2 hours. The trail is really quite tame. Mostly gravel roads, double track, and a bit of single track...till the last five miles. When mile 13 ticked over, the trail sign had an arrow pointing off a fast gravel descent straight up the side of the mountain. It was a black arrow, so it was a beast of a climb. The fact that the boar have torn up what the loggers have missed made this tiny single track off-camber climb a memory. It went up for half a mile like this wher till it crosses a road (where I had a nice German group cheering on my suffering) then level out a bit for the secon but shorter push to the top. The is followed by a very fun single track descent.

Like I said though, for the first 13 miles I kept thinking it would be a great beginners ride though it has a good amoung of gravel road climbing. Worth the first bit to finish off so strong. I started from the Hockspeyer train station. Great signage and easy to follow.

I will be going back to Hockspeyer to catch the full thing next weekend or possibly this Sunday. I believe the whole trail is 63 km so it wuold be a great tune up ride for the Marathon next month.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down