Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Steel 29er frameset, wheelset

:: Yard Sale :: For Sale

Go down

Steel 29er frameset, wheelset Empty Steel 29er frameset, wheelset

Post by Jonesy Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 am

Okay, I was going to build up a singlespeed commuter based on a 29er steel frame, but other buildups have piqued my interest more... and I need to fund them!

So, I now have the following available for sale:

Steel frame set:
-Size small (15-16 inches) Raleigh XXIX + G (this is a steel 29er frame with geometry that supports both rigid and up to 100mm travel forks.It's the black steel frame some of you have seen me riding.
-Soul Cycles steel rigid fork (actually still hasn't even arrived in the mail yet, but should be here soon) Both items are gloss black with red and white accents.
-Yellow velocity blunt 29er on Shimano XT hubs wheelset. Black spokes and hub and bright yellow rims... look great with the black and red and white of the frame set. They are a bit heavy, but reliable and sturdy.
Frame will include seatpost clamp.
I might have a bontrager saddle I could throw in as well if anyone wants it...

The frame is setup for geared riding, but you can use a tensioner or other devices to run it singlespeed. The ghetto-orange singlespeed I ride is the exact same frame, with retro-fit eccentric BB.

All of the items are used and have normal wear and tear and the following noteable blemishes:
-Fork--Don't know yet, but sold as Like New
-Frame: will probably be sold without derailer-hanger (which was a home-altered, not made for this frame derailer anyway)
-Wheelset: there are bolt marks on the hub. I'll show and explain them to you if you're interested. Also one of the rims has the slightest bend in the edge of the rim. It doesn't affect performance or true at all though, and is actually not even really noticeable unless you know it is there and are looking for it.

I bought the frame with a few other parts for $320 early in the fall. I JUST bought the fork (hasn't even arrived yet) for $110. The wheelset I bought for $225 two years ago on ebay. I'd like to get $300 or best offer for the whole bunch.

PM me if interested.

This one's not mine but it's just like it:
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset -2612606835976300

Again, not actually mine but just like it... (but I took the labels off of my set):
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset Yellb

And finally, the one I have is very similar to this one (except it's disc only):
Steel 29er frameset, wheelset P1010162
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down