Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Good weather and a race in Trier! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Good weather and a race in Trier! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Good weather and a race in Trier! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Good weather and a race in Trier! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Good weather and a race in Trier! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Good weather and a race in Trier!

+2
Sharpbike
velo-doc
6 posters

Go down

Good weather and a race in Trier! Empty Good weather and a race in Trier!

Post by velo-doc Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Although it rained the entire way up A62, the skies started to clear and the rain stopped as we neared Trier. I hooked up with RoadRage and Spookyload, who also opted for the shorter 2.5km-12.5km-2.5km race. The parking is a little hike from the start/transition area, so one hour was just enough to get things situated and get in a very brief warm up before being called to the line. I would recommend more like 1.5hrs for anyone in the future. The light rain earlier in the day really hadn't accumulated enough to make the course slick, so this year's event was to be a bit faster than last year. About 80 racers lined up for the start on the sportsplatz track and when the gun went off...so did the pack. The pace for the first run was fast, as expected, but I managed to stay near the front. Our group was a mix of juniors, teams and single starters, so it was a bit difficult to really know where you stood. I stayed focused by telling myself that anyone who passed me was on a team and anyone I caught was in my division...just a little trick to keep the motivation up. The bike course heads up quickly and really doesn't flatten out much until after it loses most of the elevation you gain. It's pretty much on the gas hard for a couple of km, then heading down fast for 2k, then winding back around the mountain back to the start/finish. I remember on the second lap being very thankful that I didn't have to do the climb two more times...like last year. So, finished the second bike lap fairly strong, then headed back out for the second run. I followed my usual pattern of fast first run (2nd fastest), solid bike (3rd fastest), then crazy slow second run (15th fastest). Easy to see where I need to put the miles in. Finished 4th overall and 3rd amongst men 30-39. Bummer to miss the overall podium, but was happy with my early season form. It was good to have some other KMCers out there, and I hope we can have more out in future races. I am planning on doing the Eifeler duathlon in mid April, so we can start planning for that one soon.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Good weather and a race in Trier! Empty Re: Good weather and a race in Trier!

Post by Sharpbike Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Great job! Nice way to start the season

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 am

Picture's, you know it didn't happen if there's no Pic's...JK!!! Great job, I hope to come out and watch one of these races sometime...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Good weather and a race in Trier! Empty Photos from the X-Duathlon

Post by velo-doc Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Since you asked, Zenkem. Here's my photopage from the race, as well as the "best of" from the website. My photo in the "best of" assortment is on the second grouping, top left. Gotta love when the photos make it look like everyone is chasing you!

My page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (put 224 in the search box)

Best of: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I was so tired at one point on the riding section that as I went through one of their automatic picture areas the flash went off and I was pissed that I had got a speeding ticket. It took me a few seconds to sort out that I was on my bike.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Damn...those are decent pics of me. Average HR for the event...167 ouch!
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

The Trier Bike race was more than a race for me; it turned out to be a significant event in my life. As I was biking, running and then running again. I had time to think about how much my body, attitude and thinking has changed. I have taken the time to list my realizations here:
I realized that I actually need to work out if I intend to compete in any event that requires physical exertion pass 10 minutes. Sad
I realized that at 44 years of age the body is more demanding and less forgiving. Mad
I realized that a 29 inch wheel does not roll uphill as easy as it does downhill.
I realized that being lapped is as bad as it sounds. Embarassed
I realized that running sucks, but running after biking sucks even more.
I realized that a ten minute transition is not really a transition.
I also realized that I had a good time and that at some point in the race I was actually smiling.

Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm

And lastly, the Germans can cook the hell out of a pork steak sandwich.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 am

velo-doc wrote:Gotta love when the photos make it look like everyone is chasing you!
It dose look like you stole something...Awesome Job!!! cheers cheers cheers

spookyload wrote:Damn...those are decent pics of me. Average HR for the event...167 ouch!
The Ponytail are really cute...nice touch... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Road_Rage wrote:I have taken the time to list my realizations here:
I realized that I actually need to work out if I intend to compete in any event that requires physical exertion pass 10 minutes. Sad
I realized that at 44 years of age the body is more demanding and less forgiving. Mad
I realized that a 29 inch wheel does not roll uphill as easy as it does downhill.
I realized that being lapped is as bad as it sounds. Embarassed
I realized that running sucks, but running after biking sucks even more.
I realized that a ten minute transition is not really a transition.
I also realized that I had a good time and that at some point in the race I was actually smiling.
RR, I feel your pain!!!
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 am

Good job to all of you!!! Those are some good pics Velo. Where are the pics for spooky and RR?
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm

spookyload wrote:And lastly, the Germans can cook the hell out of a pork steak sandwich.

AMEN! Brother.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Ditto on the pork steak sandwiches. I think my family ate 5 or 6 of those...and a couple bowls of that killer potato soup. RR and Spooky...you guys disappeared before we had a chance to BS. Next time. I was kinda tied up w/ the family and their races. Looking forward to having a team jersey to race in.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 pm

thedude76 wrote:Good job to all of you!!! Those are some good pics Velo. Where are the pics for spooky and RR?

You can find my pics by putting in number 272 on the search.

++++++++Warning++++++
These photos are graphic and should not be viewed by anyone that actually works out. affraid affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down