Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Speedplay controversy EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Speedplay controversy EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Speedplay controversy EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Speedplay controversy EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Speedplay controversy EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Speedplay controversy

2 posters

Go down

Speedplay controversy Empty Speedplay controversy

Post by spookyload Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Don't know if any of you guys follow Weight Weenies or Roadbike Review, but there has been some heated Speedplay legal action. It appears someone posted instructions for overhauling Speedplay pedals to include the needle bearings, which they have always claimed could not be replaced. Speedplay saw it and hired a legal team to threaten legal action towards the person who posted, and the web site if they left the instructions up. Crazy that a bike company is that scared of loss of product support. Apparently they are clamping down across the board as you can no longer list an item on Ebay with Speedplay in the title as well. You can still get the instructions on torrent sites as far as I can tell. I love their pedals, both mountain and road, but I also like the idea that I can replace bearing on a product I have paid retail for without having to go through the company.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Speedplay controversy Empty Re: Speedplay controversy

Post by Jonesy Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Well If I had ever considered getting speedplay products I certainly won't now. Just can't support a company that actively seeks to stifle basic freedom of speech.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down