Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

New to the area

Go down

New to the area

Post by Pueger on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:40 am

Hey, I got here during the summer but only just found out about this club. I am certainly looking to get with other riders to learn the area. I PCSed here from RAF Lakenheath where we had a Beer Belly Bike Club and we did a lot of riding but the local area is very flat so these hills are wearing me out quick.  

My other interests include everything outdoors, mainly hiking and running. I am looking to get into rock climbing and kayaking if anyone knows of some decent bodies of water to get started into kayaking.

If there are any other hikers out there I am looking at hiking the Haute Route either this summer or next. Always up for some local hikes too.

Hope to see you all out on the trail.

-Tim
Pueger

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the area

Post by Zenkem on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:59 am

Welcome to KMC Cycling!!! We have been pretty dead here lately because a lot of core Riders have PCS'ed and those of us still around haven't been posting on the Forum or even Riding. I will be coming off of a brief hiatus because an injury. I've signed up for a couple of Marathons in Apr and May so now I'm forcing myself to get back on the Bike. Not sure when my Riding schedule is going to kick off but you are more then welcome to join in. Look up KMC Cycling on FB because for some reason it seems to have better following then the Forum, we are also on Strava if you're into that. Hope to see you on Trail...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pueger on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Well I stay pretty active on the trails either running, hiking, or riding. Today I went out in Rodalben and got my butt handed to me by those trails. Need to get my conditioning and my skills up to par before I tackle that again. I'll hit up the FB group. Not sure what Strava is but thank you for the info. I'll be trying to figure out some trails that connect from Quirnbach to Ramstein so I can ride and run to work, so if you know of any between there.... Later
Pueger

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:13 pm

The trail network in that area is really user friendly.  I'll post up a G'woog Ride for an upcoming weekend soon...weather permitting. If you can get on Strava or Garmin Connect look me up, I have a ton of ride profiles all over the Pfälzerwald...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by iamgoode on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Monday is a holiday too. Let me know if you plan a ride Mark.
iamgoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Pritch on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Hello, I'm also somewhat new to the area. Been here since November but haven't gotten too many rides in yet. I ride both Road and XC, looking for folks near the Niedermohr area to start in earnest to rack up the kilometers. BTW, I'm not on FB or Strava.

Richard
Pritch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down