Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks.

+3
Toto
MJ
velo-doc
7 posters

Go down

Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. Empty Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks.

Post by velo-doc Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 am

Planning on doing the ice-rider off-road duathlon on the 23rd. It's bike-run, instead of the usual run-bike-run. There is also a strictly riding event and the duathlon can be done in teams. Check out the link below and let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. Empty Re: Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks.

Post by MJ Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I know there is a lot of weather factors that may come into play ... but what bike are you planning on riding?
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. Empty Re: Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks.

Post by velo-doc Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:51 am

I don't know the course, but the description says that it is a mix of forest road, pavement and some narrow trail. It also says that it's appropriate for beginners, so I suspect that it's going to be non-technical w/ a preponderance of fire road and fast-rolling terrain. I'm thinking about taking both the cross and mountain bikes, jut in case. I can get two bikes inside my car and two on top, so let me know if you are interested.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Toto Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I am registered for the duathlon. Need some help in paying the entry fee without a German bank account though. Will I be able to pay the day of??
I will have the wagon with two bike racks on top and plenty of room if anyone needs a lift.

Can we meet up and head out together?

Toto
Toto
Toto

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 am

Toto wrote:I am registered for the duathlon. Need some help in paying the entry fee without a German bank account though. Will I be able to pay the day of??
I will have the wagon with two bike racks on top and plenty of room if anyone needs a lift.

Toto

You can pay through community bank or SCU if you have an account with them.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 am

Toto wrote:I am registered for the duathlon. Need some help in paying the entry fee without a German bank account though. Will I be able to pay the day of??

Toto

I am planning to pay with cash the day of the race. Meeting up to carpool sounds good. If there aren't others going, then we could ride together. So far you and I are the only "firm" committments. We'll see how things shape up. I live in Bann...how about you?
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Toto Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I am in Waldfischbach-Burgalben. Open to meeting anywhere/anytime. Our race started a liitl bit late from what I remember, so should be plenty of time to get there and find our way around.

Thanks for the tips on payment.

Now, WHO else can we get out for a pre season race?????
Toto
Toto

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Toto wrote:I am in Waldfischbach-Burgalben. Open to meeting anywhere/anytime. Our race started a liitl bit late from what I remember, so should be plenty of time to get there and find our way around.

Thanks for the tips on payment.

Now, WHO else can we get out for a pre season race?????

Toto, I live in Waldfishbach too on Kapellen.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am

Can you sign up the day of the event?

You might be able to talk me into doing this event.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 am

The website says you can register upto 60 minutes before your event.

I am at 50/50. I will know next week.
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

Just put it on the calendar and do it, Jim. No more kittens!

Editorial note: The site changed "pu**yfootin" to "kittens"...hilarious!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

Just checked the Calendar.

I have the Cub scout pine wood derby that day. It takes priority!

Plus I hate to run.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by jvanhuis Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Sharpbike wrote:Just checked the Calendar.

I have the Cub scout pine wood derby that day. It takes priority!

Plus I hate to run.

You have the pine wood derby on Sunday? Can't argue with the running though.
jvanhuis
jvanhuis

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm leaving for Berlin tomorrow, back Sunday afternoon. I'll probably register but will race on my cross bike. I'll let you know for sure on Monday and we can see about carpooling.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:53 pm

you guys know there is also a mountain bike race, right? It starts at 10am. You don't have to run.
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Dang you got me I thought it was on Sat. No pinewood derby that day.

Might have to think on it.

What's that about a MTB race only?

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Jim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the race is 3 laps on an 11km long course around 700meters vert total

it is described as an easy course
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 pm

The mountain bike race is earlier in the day, so there would likely have to be separate groups carpooling.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Ice Rider off-road duathlon in 2 weeks. Empty Ice rider/runner/duathlon this weekend.

Post by velo-doc Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:39 am

So it looks like we should have some appropriate, colder weather for the "Ice-Rider/Runer/Duathlon" this weekend. I'm trying to shore-up who's going so we can coordinate driving, etc. To reiterate, the site says you can register up to 60min before each race. The MTB race starts at 1000, the run at 1030 and the duathlon at 1400. I plan to get down there sometime between 1200 and 1230, so leaving around 1000. I can take one other person +bike in my car, or we can go in another vehicle if there are more people and a larger vehicle. Let me know.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

You can count me out for Sunday, something came up. Good luck!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Toto Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:36 pm

I am still in. Let me know the when and where to meet. I can drive as well and have plenty of room.
Toto
Toto

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 am

Due to lack of interest, there will not be a KMC Racing contingent at the Ice Rider Duathlon tomorrow. Hopefully we can get at least a handful of people to attend races when the weather shapes up and fitness is improving. Until then...keep riding and running.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down