Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Clayton Intro

Go down

Clayton Intro

Post by Crash07 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi all,
I've been in the Ramstein area since January 2013. I love both road and mountain biking and just recently I have begun experimenting with my own bike maintenance. I've been riding by myself for the past year or so and am looking for some group rides to get in on. I don't really know where I fall on the spectrum of cyclists, as I still consider myself a novice to both types of biking.

A little about me...I grew up in Colorado. I can't really say I was into biking though. An occasional ride occurred, but its purpose was almost always transportation to/from college classes. I moved to Las Vegas next...no riding, most of my time was spent drinking beer. Got married in '09 and moved to Belgium in '10 where I picked up road biking. I started off doing it for triathlons, but then realized that I liked riding even outside of tris. I bought a used Trek 2100zr, which is still in use today. In 2013, I moved to Germany and the house we moved into was directly on the local mountain bike trails. I pulled out my shameful college ride and quickly decided I needed a new one to fully experience the great trails in the area. I quickly found Wheelsports in Weselberg and bought a new Orbea Occam 29er. I can't get enough of it and have been loving every minute of it this summer. However, I always ride alone and realized I should start going with others more often, so at least when I throw myself off, someone is there for some self-aid-buddy-care or to call for an ambulance. My wife and I just had our first child recently, so we stay pretty busy with that now.

Look forward to riding with some of you soon,
Clayton
Crash07

Back to top Go down

Re: Clayton Intro

Post by dozer on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:00 pm

so we're slugs for the slow reply. welcome to the site clayton. As you may know by now, the Tues/THurs mtn bike rides and Wed road ride should start picking up soon...Thanks for posting...
Dozer

dozer

Back to top Go down