Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Carbon 29er from china! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Carbon 29er from china! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Carbon 29er from china! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Carbon 29er from china! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Carbon 29er from china! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Carbon 29er from china!

+3
tijealp
Sharpbike
krocko1
7 posters

Go down

Carbon 29er from china! Empty Carbon 29er from china!

Post by krocko1 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Been doing alot of research about carbon lately and found out that about 80% of the well known companies we are familar with and LBS Like Armins, and Franks. Get there carbon frames from china. This all acme about by the way because I bought an Ipad and and an Apad. The Ipad cost Almost 800$ and the Apad 300$ of which I found both positive and negative in both devices. However spending only 300 on somthing that did vertually everthing the IPad did and more seemed like a much better deal. Anyways I got the Apad in China. Which makes like half of what we buy lol! And since I'm getting a Niner Air carbone I Decided to mess around and search 29er Carbon from China. Well I was overwhelmed with results and after a few hours of looking for a GOV approved factory. I found a seemingly awsome carbon frame with a two year warranty for 400$. Holy crap! And it's pretty. I'll report back with the results in a few months.http://carbon-products.en.alibaba.com/productshowimg/377749382-200176927/carbon_mountain_frame.html#inSearch If you look at the 3rd frame from the right you'll notice incredible similarities to the niner air MMMMM? spies Like us.
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Carbon 29er from china! Empty Re: Carbon 29er from china!

Post by Sharpbike Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Either You have to much time on your hands or you still have to much money.

If to much time then go train so e more at an easy pace for base miles.

If to much money then share with the club so we can help the kids!

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by tijealp Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Pulled this from another site:

Cervelo's are made in China.
Time-France
Look-france and Taiwan
Colnago-Italy and Taiwan
Giant-Taiwan and china
IF-USA(they use reynolds carbon)
Seven-USA
Trek-USA-but the tubing is made in Utah by Maclean(reynolds)
BMC-Swiss
Kestrel(now Fuji)-Taiwan
Aegis-USA
Corima-France
Lotus Sport-South Africa
Guru-Canada and Taiwan
Scott-Taiwan
Agron 18-Taiwan
Calfee-USA
Parlee-USA-they use reynolds carbon tubing
Cannondale-Taiwan(not the us)
Specialized-Made by Giant in China
Gary Fisher-Trek and some in China by Giant
LeMond-Trek

Many of these companies will finish the frames in the US and if they do a certain percentage of labor in the US, they can claim, Made in the US of foreign and domestic components. Raleigh did this in the US for MANY MANY years! The frame were made in Taiwan and sent to the US where they were finished(painted and assembled). They claimed US made until dealers were getting in trouble for saying, US made.

Les Handy always said that if you want an expensive high end bike, then go get any frame and put that sticker on it...
tijealp
tijealp

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:21 pm

I see these frames all over Ebay. I have to admit, I am scared to dump some money on this and end up with some junk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3k-full-Carbon-Mountain-MTB-Frame-17-19-21-/160521154691?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item255fce7083
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Wow virtually the same frame. and thanks for all the company info. Its not like I have alot of money. I just don't see the need to keep droping thousans of bucks if I can find the source. And pay alot less because like he said I didnt by the sticker. As for providing to the needy. I do that all the time. Just ask the Zen Man Very Happy. On and I can't donate to the green machine anymore becayse there can only be one per cat. Sad Laughing Jim this is what happens to me when I do somthing. I have to live and breath it for a while lol. Thats the only way Ican convince my wife to go along with all the races and events that I have to prepay for when the dates open. I figure if go overboard 100% of the time she will let me have 50% of the stuff I want and races I want to attend! Is'nt that the right way Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:04 am

krocko1 wrote: I found a seemingly awsome carbon frame with a two year warranty for 400$. Holy crap! And it's pretty.

Did you already get the Air 9??? Seems like a deal worth waiting for...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:25 am

No not yet! I'll get both frames and sell the one or throw away lol the one thats either overpriced or does'nt stand up to the hurtin that I tend to put on equipment.
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by fjaws Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm

You won't be disappointed with the Air9C!

Carbon 29er from china! 2yyqqeh
fjaws

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Look is built in Tunisia for their high end frames, and Asia for their lower end stuff. They opened a second factory in Tunisia when French labor laws got insane, but the frames are still finished in Nevers.

As for china carbon. Go for it. Carbon frames are almost the disposable part of a bike these days. For under $500 delivered, you can bomb the corners with little concern for replacement cost of your precious carbon frame. I have looked into five companies so far for a hard tail frame. Most times you can even identify who they make frames for and get an unbadged frame that is designed by a big name company. One frame I was looking at is a Bianchi hardtail. The company will even paint it in Bianchi colors and decals for an extra $100. Sort of corrupt, but as a consumer it is a deal. Big thing to make sure of when going china carbon is make sure they Paypal. That will afford you some level of buyer protection. A few of them require western union, and that rarely is a good idea to an unknown seller. Here is a company that has some cool stuff:

http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/home/cp_detail.php?id=67&nowmenuid=12&cpath=0025:&catid=0

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Thank you that was the point I was trying to make. I found one of the companys that makes the air niner. To me its all a bunch of smoke and mirrors to throw you off the scent! Made in Tunisia is vertually the same as made in China considering China's economic influence over Tunisia. Meaning they outsource to european and american companies through China. China's the labor broker for the for a cheap workforce in places like North Korea, Taiwan, the Indochinese states of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, but also Thailand, Burma/Myanmar and the continental part of Malaysia. So when I see these names on bike parts or whatever I see CHINA! Thanks by the way on the paypal advice. I created an acount and orderd a couple of frames for poops and giggles.
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:07 pm

I am very interested to see how this comes out for you. Delivery time in particular. Would love to see it when it comes in too! Maybe a show and tell at a club meeting is in order!
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 pm

krocko1 wrote:Thank you that was the point I was trying to make. I found one of the companys that makes the air niner. To me its all a bunch of smoke and mirrors to throw you off the scent! Made in Tunisia is vertually the same as made in China considering China's economic influence over Tunisia. Meaning they outsource to european and american companies through China. China's the labor broker for the for a cheap workforce in places like North Korea, Taiwan, the Indochinese states of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, but also Thailand, Burma/Myanmar and the continental part of Malaysia. So when I see these names on bike parts or whatever I see CHINA! Thanks by the way on the paypal advice. I created an acount and orderd a couple of frames for poops and giggles.

kROCKO1,
What was the out come of this? Can you post up a picture?
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down