Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders

4 posters

Go down

Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders Empty Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders

Post by psychonosspaz Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dave, and my wife Jacqueline and I both got heavily into road bike riding the 5 years we were in Italy. If anyone has ever been stationed there, you know that cycling is almost a cult. On Sunday's all you see are groups of 10-20 riders hitting the beautiful Italian hills that surround the Vicenza area. We both bought Liotto bikes (small family run shop - but extremely exclusive) that were used during one season by the Liotto team. Full carbon frames, CB components, and we got a great deal only paying about 1800 euro each....

We have a 20 month old baby now, so we can't ride as much together, but I really want to get out more and explore some good riding (hills included).

So please let me know if you live in the Ramstein/Weilerbach area and we can link up for a ride. I miss riding in groups of 5-10 where you really have the team dynamics of drafting, and you can fly!

Ciao ciao,

Dave
psychonosspaz
psychonosspaz

Back to top Go down

Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders Empty Re: Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders

Post by velo-doc Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Dave,

Welcome...glad to have you! I posted the reply to your Tuesday RR post. I hope you can become one of our regulars on the Wed night ride from SS Gym. We will leave at 1730 and cover 30-35 miles with good pacelining and a few good climbs. Otherwise, we just post-up our rides and see who shows. Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders Empty Re: Experienced RB Riders Looking to Find Some Good Routes and Fellow Riders

Post by psychonosspaz Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Cool.....where do you guys finish? Also, are they strict at the gate about lights and reflectors on bikes? My bike is pretty stripped down in that sense... Still need to know how long this ride is going to go for?
psychonosspaz
psychonosspaz

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Just need a helmet to get on post. I don't think any of us have reflectors or lights on our road bikes, though I have the full spectrum on my commuter.
airborne.s2000
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 am

psychonosspaz wrote:Cool.....where do you guys finish? Also, are they strict at the gate about lights and reflectors on bikes?  My bike is pretty stripped down in that sense...   Still need to know how long this ride is going to go for?
Many People are not aware, but German law actually exempts "sport cycles" from the lights and reflectors requirement during day light hours. The langauage is ammbiguous and basically translates as a 'sport-training cycle' not needing lights and reflectors unless clearly required for safety under the given conditions.
How it is usally applied is that if you are out in your lycra, or your serious looking MTB gear and are on a bike that is clearly not a city/commuter bike, you won't be bothered about lights etc. unless it's dark out.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down