Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Greetings from CO EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Greetings from CO EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Greetings from CO EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Greetings from CO EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Greetings from CO EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Greetings from CO

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from CO Empty Greetings from CO

Post by BrianLask Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 am

Hello all,

Just wanted to drop a line from Colorado. I miss riding with you guys, I have not found a group I enjoy riding with out in Colorado just yet. I have been putting in a lot of good riding though, tons of climbing, I have a 3.2 mile 1600 foot climb right by my house that I do probably every other week. Its a tough one, even tougher descent though. I have greatly improved my descending skills, though they couldn't have been worse than they were in Germany.

I have been racing on my Cat 5 out here as well. lWithout a group to ride with I have been rocking the KMC Cycling threads at my races. Made some nice beginner mistakes my first couple races (riding too far in the back of the group, getting caught on the wrong side of a 40+ mph wind), but am learning. It is fun, I have a fairly easy course this weekend, finishes with a 250 foot climb, on a dirt road. Lots of riding on dirt roads out here, not sure whats up with that. Hoping to be with the group to the end, then see what happens.

Signed up for some awesome events out here. Doing the Bicycle Tour of Colorado, 438 miles in 6 days. Looking forward to that as I haven't seen Colorado all that much except for on ski's. Its a ride not a race, which is way better, don't think I could do 6 days of racing, or even 3 days.

I am leaving Colorado this summer, wife is being relocated to the Pentagon. I will be looking for some cool riding in DC as well.

Take care, keep riding!
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Greetings from CO Empty Re: Greetings from CO

Post by spookyload Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 am

Hey Brian. Mike Larson and I are in New Mexico right now. Planning on doing the Santa Fe Century if you are interested in coming down for it. It is a cool ride through the turquoise trail. It is May 19. Not a super hard ride, but gets about 1000 people here.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 am

Brian,

Enjoy CO while you are there! Great riding and racing scene in DC, so no worries w/ that. I can give you some info when you get there and decide where you are living.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 am

spookyload wrote:Hey Brian. Mike Larson and I are in New Mexico right now. Planning on doing the Santa Fe Century if you are interested in coming down for it. It is a cool ride through the turquoise trail. It is May 19. Not a super hard ride, but gets about 1000 people here.

I will look into it, and let you know. Sounds like a very distinct possibility, I always like when I don't have to plan out routes myself.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum