Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
New guy wanting to ride EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
New guy wanting to ride EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
New guy wanting to ride EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
New guy wanting to ride EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
New guy wanting to ride EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

New guy wanting to ride

4 posters

Go down

New guy wanting to ride Empty New guy wanting to ride

Post by Bowersmd1 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Good day to you all and happy biking. I met a gentleman today that overheard my partner and I talking about buying a mountain bike and getting into the sport here in KMC area. He's Robert Steele and I would like to join yall for a ride, however, I don't have a mountain bike as of yet. Im very interested in Roberts Trek, just a bit high for my price range but if all else fails Ill work weekends from my military career to purchase it lol Smile

A bit about me, Im 37 who loves mountain biking, not an advanced rider just love riding and finding great places with great scenes with great people! Ive been here under a year and looking forward to riding. I have 2 sons who are stateside in Seattle area and Im coming off a couple injuries and surgerys and looking for me to get back up on a bike and enjoying Germany at its best. Also let me know if any of you have a mountain bike for sale. Other than that I look forward to meeting you all and having fun rides, thanks and have a good day!

Matt
Bowersmd1
Bowersmd1

Back to top Go down

New guy wanting to ride Empty Re: New guy wanting to ride

Post by eurotrash Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:01 am

Sounds good, Matt! Welcome, and hope to see you on the trail soon!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 am

Matt,

Welcome to the area, and the forum. This site is a great resource for riding/bike info, so post up any questions you have as you get back into riding. You'll see that there are regular Tue/Thur mountain bike rides and a Wed evening road ride from RAB. Other rides are posted by members as they come up. Also, we have a meeting this Tuesday, the 23rd at the Burgschaenke restaurant beside Burg Nanstein. The meeting is at 1930, and there will be the regular Tuesday evening MTB ride before the meeting. Hope to see you out there soon!

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome to the club. I'm sure we can work something out. I'll call again once I get home.
airborne.s2000
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowersmd1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Thank you everyone!! awesome truly excited and I guess my only question now is I will probably but that bike this weekend but is there a 'local' shop you all go to for gear, accessories and maintenance? I have nothing as of now but want to jump back into the sport as I love riding...Im not an advanced mountain biker but love it. My best ride was off the coast Long Beach CA theres an island called Catalina if anyone ever heard of it let me know....anyways Thanks again and look forward to meeting you all soon....However this next Tuesday is bad for me as every Tuesday is my college Night...I am taking my Masters in Education and have class ever Tuesday from 530 to 930...In any case you will see me soon, Ill come here to know when the next ride or meeting is and be sure to come. Have a great ride and great evening! Matt
Bowersmd1
Bowersmd1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down