Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Weekly Landstuhl Castle No drop MTB Ride, Tuesdays @1800

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Weekly Landstuhl Castle No drop MTB Ride, Tuesdays @1800

Post by COcyclist on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm game to ride whatever, just wanna ride. Isn't Rodalben pretty sweet too?
COcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by BH29 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Rodalben is an awesome place to ride. Great trails all over the place.
BH29

Back to top Go down

Post by COcyclist on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 pm

That's what I remember as well
COcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by BH29 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Great, I have a double rack if someone needs a ride.  I also live in Bruchmuhlbach and I think I know what trail you are talking about it's a quasi switchback coming down?  I have been exploring out there quite a bit and keep finding new trails, so it might be a different one.  Great time though I have a good 4 mile'ish route from my house.  

Looks like the one rider doesn't get their bike until this weekend, so I will plan on going out to Landstuhl on the 14th.  I will let you know for sure the day before.  Look forward to riding with you all.
BH29

Back to top Go down

Post by COcyclist on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Yeah once I'm all settled with the HHGs then I'll be game for some riding. Gotta run the bikes by The B-Site for some TLC.
COcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz77 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 pm

BH29 wrote:Great, I have a double rack if someone needs a ride.  I also live in Bruchmuhlbach and I think I know what trail you are talking about it's a quasi switchback coming down?  I have been exploring out there quite a bit and keep finding new trails, so it might be a different one.  Great time though I have a good 4 mile'ish route from my house.  

Yup, you climb up the road beside the Tausenmühle and then blast down some single track that carries you near Fritz Claus Hütte. It's part of the village trail. My house back yard opens up to the trails. I'm in the back of the village up the hill from the FVB.
Taz77

http://www.hcor.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BH29 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

Taz77 wrote:
BH29 wrote:Great, I have a double rack if someone needs a ride.  I also live in Bruchmuhlbach and I think I know what trail you are talking about it's a quasi switchback coming down?  I have been exploring out there quite a bit and keep finding new trails, so it might be a different one.  Great time though I have a good 4 mile'ish route from my house.  

Yup, you climb up the road beside the Tausenmühle and then blast down some single track that carries you near Fritz Claus Hütte. It's part of the village trail. My house back yard opens up to the trails. I'm in the back of the village up the hill from the FVB.

I haven't been on that trail yet, I must turn the wrong way somewhere. I go up the road past the Tandesmuhle, but the DH lets out near RingStr and it's not single track a good DH though. I will have to find the trail that lets out near Fritz Claus Hütte.
BH29

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz77 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 am

BH29 wrote:
Taz77 wrote:

I haven't been on that trail yet, I must turn the wrong way somewhere.  I go up the road past the Tandesmuhle, but the DH lets out near RingStr and it's not single track a good DH though.  I will have to find the trail that lets out near Fritz Claus Hütte.

When you get to the top of the road beside the Tausenmühle, go across the wooden bridge. It's a hike a bike as the stairs up the other side are impossible to get up. Then you have to follow dirt roads till it gets to the fun single track. It's single track for the entire descent back to the flat bottom near the tennis club. Follow the village trail signs. The ones for Bruchmühlbach trail system (the white and green thing).
Taz77

http://www.hcor.net

Back to top Go down

Post by COcyclist on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Can't wait to check out some trails around here.
COcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by BH29 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:17 pm

I'll be skipping the ride tonight the trails will be super greasy. Not even sure if the rain will let up by then.
BH29

Back to top Go down

Post by COcyclist on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:19 pm

This weather is killing me! Just got my bikes in HHG and can't ride.
COcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 pm

The Trails around here don't hold much water. I rode around Landstuhl in the rain last Sunday and Trail conditions were perfect...nice and sticky...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top