Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit!

2 posters

Go down

Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! Empty Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit!

Post by spookyload Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 am

Went for a spin today at Fantasy Island on the way home from work today. Picked up a few (like 10) goatheads in the first twenty minutes. When I stopped to get unlost, I was fairly close to the parking lot so I popped the goatheads out. They weeped goo for about two seconds and sealed right up each time. No noticable pressure loss. The stuff is legit. With stans it can take 10-15 seconds to seal up, and this was way faster. I did just install it in the tires yesterday so it was very fresh. If you don't have some in your tires...get with John and get it. You won't be disappointed. Side note, if you use Squirt Stopper or Squirt Juice as the real name, I get credit John.
What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! Empty Re: Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit!

Post by eurotrash Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 am

It's "Open Source Sealant," or OSS. One of my best testers/developers is in Phoenix, and has been running it for almost a year. It's reportedly good for cactus, too.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! Empty Re: Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit!

Post by spookyload Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Fantasy Island is a 16 mile trail network that gets about 300 riders a week. It is wickedly worn in so most cacti debris is gone. I will have to go elsewhere to field test it with cacti. I got unlucky yesterday because the wind had been blowing the day before and blew some goatheads over the trails. Usually isn't a problem.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 am

Was swapping out the rest of my Stans for Johns stuff today. Took off a tire I installed in August and found this bad boy. About two inches across. Good thing I didn't take it out for a ride here with the cacti.

Eurotrash's Squirt Stopper is legit! IMGP3556_zpse4570cd6
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 am

Stans does that in as little as 6 weeks... Mine does eventually, but the extra ammonia stretches the life out a lot further!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum