Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

January 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Oregon Cyclery Jerseys?

:: Yard Sale :: Wanted

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oregon Cyclery Jerseys?

Post by airborne.s2000 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am

I would like to get a group together to order a new set of the wool jerseys. Who is interested?

Long Sleeve Jersey

I like the Burnside (I have a Hawthorne that is a little small for me, but I still wear it.)
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Re: Oregon Cyclery Jerseys?

Post by velo-doc on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Ya, I'm in. I have a red one, and could go for a black and white long sleeve. I'm sure we could get more folks interested.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

I drop weight and the f'king wooly still gets smaller... wash cold, hang dry, obviously. I think wearing the jersey for exercise actually causes shrinkage from all the escaping body heat driving off moisture. Sad

Well, at least they are offering a XXL now. I think it would be cool to do the new logo, if possible. May be a little too intricate compared to the old faithful bike pig. We should have started this in September. Arr. Put me down for interest.

Officer

Back to top Go down

Embroidery

Post by airborne.s2000 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:30 am

If we stick to the simple lettering on the front, with name on the back, I can get my wife to do the embroidery for the cost of the thread.

Something fancy with our designs she can't do yet, because the software to generate embroidery designs from image files is ~$900.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:59 am

Interested and need XXL
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

also interested. I would be cool with the bike pig loge and name on the back. XXL Black.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

When I get a chance I'll sum up all of the details of how we've done the orders in the past... but you can view the old thread and get an idea for yourself.

The jersey's are great but you HAVE to hand wash, cold water, and LAY THEM DOWN to dry, don't hang them... I lay them out over a heater and that seems to work. It's not the minor heat of a body or even a radiator that creates the problem... It's the heat combined with tumbling in a dryer that makes them shrink OR the horizontally shrinking effect of hanging them by the shoulders while they drip dry.

I have had some limited success with RE-BIGGIFYING a jersey by forcing it to stretch over a large stiff cardboard sheet soaking wet and allowing it to dry. This worked on one jersey, but the other one I gave to my 8 year old daughter and it fts her great if she just rolls up the sleeves a bit (no I am NOT kidding!) so yeah, be forewqrned... they DO shrink if you are not careful.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Making it bigger could be done by hand washing it again and going smedium style for a ride or two while wet. It won't be pretty when you put it on, so night rides solo are recommended!
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Another idea with this is to hit up Frank's wife. She was interested in ordering some for the guys who work in the shop with their logo. Maybe you can combine the order for a decent discount.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am

Based on last year’s order, it required a tremendously long time to get everyone to pre-pay. I offered Greg a baseball bat and an air-tight alibi, but since he did not take me up on that offer, we waited another month before ordering.

Here is my 2 cents on wool jerseys. You do not wash them. You obviously do not dry them, but if you don’t wash them, you don’t have to worry about that. They can be dry-cleaned, if, for some reason it needs to be washed. Wool does not retain odors. Mud dries and flakes off. I have owned a Castelli jersey for 15 years, bought it used so it could be 20 years old for all I know. I have had it dry-cleaned twice. Yes, it is a little thin, but it smells as good as any other regularly washed jersey.

I know, they say they are pre-treated and can be washed in cold water, but I obviously disagree!

With that said, I would be semi-interested in a short sleeve this year.

Justin
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by powerpro369 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I will order an xxl

powerpro369

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 pm

OK, I checked the site, and we can combine long and short sleeves and styles. I am trying to get my wife to commit to embroidering the jerseys for us to reduce the cost and allow Tim to combine his order with ours. If she agrees, and Tim wants six jerseys, then we already have 13 semi-committed jerseys. 2 more and the price would be 57 and 53 dollars each, down from original price of 85 and 80.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm in for 2.
XL long sleeve,
XL short sleeve. I'll let you know what style...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 pm

OK, my wife says she will do the embroidery, if the embroidery she does on the one I have now turns out well. (Now, I just have to get her to actually do the embroidery; she is complaining that her sewing room is too cold.) We are going to try the embroidery either tomorrow night or Monday night. If she does the embroidery, she wants $10 for embroidering the club name/team name on the front, and $5 for your name on the back. (In comparison, Oregon Cyclery charges $13/side) She can also make custom images, and won't charge a setup fee (OC charges $75) She told me she would want another $10 for the image. So, with 15+ jerseys, the cost would be: $57+10+5+10=$82 max, dropping lower depending on what/how much you want embroidered on the jersey. Lowest price is blank SS jersey for $53.

Here's a roll-up:

airborne: 2 XL (1 LS Burnside, 1 SS Hawthorne)
velo-doc: 1 ? LS Burnside
eurotrash: 1 XXL ?
PB Matrix 1 XXL ?
thedude76: 1 XXL LS Burnside
powerpro369: 1 XXL ?
BigWheels: 1 ? SS
Jonesy: 2 XL ? (1 SS, 1 LS)
Tim: 6 ? SS

Total: 16 Jerseys
I would need size and/or style, then money. I am willing to collect the money via cash, German bank transfer, US bank transfer, or Paypal, I'm not picky. I only need the money for the blank jerseys first; if you want them embroidered, I will hold the finished product hostage for the additional moneys. Still interested? Price break is $10 off retail for 2-14 jerseys, $26 off retail for 15+ jerseys.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Also, I will need a high resolution image from which to build the embroidery file. We will do a test run on the embroidery image so everyone can see how it looks before it is accepted.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah, I'm still in, but I think I'll pass on the embroidery altogether.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 pm

I am definitely in for a large SS black jersey. Since we have met the minimum for the huge discount, shall we set a hard deadline for payment and the commitment that goes with that? I am willing to purchase only if we meet the 15+ discount.
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Bobbie, I am committed also only if we meet the 15.
I am prepared to pay you in cash at work no later than Jan. 30.
I also recommend setting a hard deadline.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Also, when you order, let them know this club has now made a 15+ order for three years in a row now and see if they'll cut you an additional break... Maybe free shipping...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:47 pm

XXL Mocha Brown Long Sleeve. Drop me a PAYPAL account name, and I'll send cash there soon.

or should I go XL, my chest size is 44?

PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Jonesy wrote:Also, when you order, let them know this club has now made a 15+ order for three years in a row now and see if they'll cut you an additional break... Maybe free shipping...
Why did I pay $85 last year for a LS if we had 15+?
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:37 pm

BigWheels wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Also, when you order, let them know this club has now made a 15+ order for three years in a row now and see if they'll cut you an additional break... Maybe free shipping...
Why did I pay $85 last year for a LS if we had 15+?
That was including custom embroidery, lettering, and shipping.
If you take a look at the thread from last year's order, I detailed all the costs etc.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

PB Matrix wrote:XXL Mocha Brown Long Sleeve. Drop me a PAYPAL account name, and I'll send cash there soon.

I would go for the XXL. They are snug fitting, so the extra size is nice.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 pm

PB Matrix wrote:XXL Mocha Brown Long Sleeve. Drop me a PAYPAL account name, and I'll send cash there soon.

You and I have pretty similar builds. If you want a snug-fit, riding-only jersey, go with XL.
If you want something that doubles as a comfy-fitting sweater, go with XXL.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Problem w/Embroidery.

Post by airborne.s2000 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 pm

My wife's machine and the knit wool isn't getting along, so we aren't going to be able to combine orders with Tim. This means we don't have enough jerseys for the wholesale discount. There is still a discount price on 2+ jerseys, and we can use the flocking letters instead of embroidery to keep the cost down. Anyone interested in that option?
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top