Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

New in town, new to the sport

Go down

New in town, new to the sport

Post by ludwigsv on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Hello all,

Just arrived here in September, and just took up mountain biking. I say that, but my bike hasn't even been outside yet. I recently decided that my dirt bike probably won't see a whole lot of action here in germany where off-road riding is forbidden for motorcyclists. So, I've garaged the 400cc beast and picked up a set of pedals to get my two-wheeling self around some trails.

I just bought a Merida One Forty 900-D and a buddy from my unit that has been riding for a while has agreed to show me the ropes. Now, I typically jump into a new sport with both feet, so I figured I'd come make some friends here as well.

I live in Krickenbach, which overlooks Schopp, where I understand there is a MTB park and many trail heads. Also, Krickenbach has its own network of trails to be discovered.

At any rate, I'm here. I'm very much looking forward to learning some new techniques, staying in shape, upgrading my bike, just having something to tinker with, making some friends, and embracing a new sport! Don't be strangers.
-Luke
ludwigsv

Back to top Go down

Re: New in town, new to the sport

Post by Zenkem on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Welcome to KMC Cycling!!! Glad you made it onto the site, we have a lot of knowledge here of both the Trails and Bike upgrades. Come out to the Group Rides and your sure to have a blast...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Luke,

Welcome! Maybe you can hook up with one of the rides this Thur-Sat. Hope to see you out there.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Well don't go putting yer motorbike up on ebay just yet... There is a public off-road motorsport track near steinwenden (out past Ramstein)

There are no signs posted and I see people using it pretty regularly with motorcycles and quads, so it seems to be a public, use at your own risk kind of thing.

Check out the link below for the location on Google Maps.

http://maps.google.de/maps/place?q=49.432915,7.519358&hl=de&ftid=0x4795dfeed204d275:0xb481e5071cd84b7c

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by ludwigsv on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Actually, I'd finally driven by that place the other day. Looking forward to checking it out soon.

Also, I've been out on my new MTB several times now, including to the MTB park at Schopp. If there's anyone out there looking to ride in the cold, I'm game!
-LSv
ludwigsv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down